Oracle Corporation is a global technology company that provides software products for database management, application development, and other business applications.
About Oracle Company
About Company is the leading global provider of cloud-based business management software solutions. The company's flagship product, PeopleSoft Enterprise, helps organizations manage their employees, finances, customers, vendors, suppliers, partners and more from a single source.
Oracle Corporation (NYSE: ORCL) is an American multinational corporation that develops, manufactures, markets, supports, licenses, and services computer hardware and related software.
It was founded by Larry Ellison in 1977 and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
In 2012, Oracle became the first technology company to reach $100 billion in market capitalization.
What Is ERP (enterprise Resources Planning)?
ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning. This type of software helps companies manage their entire business from one central location. With an ERP system in place, you can make sure that all of the information you need to run your business is easily accessible.
This allows you to have more time to focus on other aspects of running a successful organization. For example, you can use the ERP system to create marketing campaigns, track inventory, and keep up with customer orders.
An ERP system also makes it easy to stay organized and efficient. You don't have to spend hours searching through files or trying to remember where you put important documents.
With an ERP system in place, you can be certain that everything will always be available to you at any given moment.
About Oracle Databases
A Relational Database Management System, or RDBMS, is a system that manages relational data.
Oracle Database is the most popular RDBMS. It's also the world's largest.
Besides the Oracle database, there are other RDBMS products available.
These are notable database systems: IBM DB2 Microsoft SQL Server MySQL Oracle Database PostgreSQL.
Oracle Database features
Oracle Database allows you to quickly and safely store and retrieve data. Here are the integration benefits of the Oracle Database:
Oracle's Database runs on various platforms and is cross-platform. It can run on hardware across operating systems, including Windows Server, Unix, and various distributions of GNU/Linux. It has its own networking stack, allowing application software from a different platform to communicate with the Oracle Database smoothly.
For example, applications running on Windows can connect to the Oracle Database running on Unix. It supports commit-to-database consistency and is an ACID-compliant database.
It has been supporting this open platform since the beginning.
Oracle Database has several structural features that make it a popular database management system:
1. It’s a relational database. This means that data is stored in tables that are linked together. The tables contain records that have columns that store the data.
2. It’s a multi-user database. This means that more than one person can access the same data at the same time.
3. It’s a NoSQL database. This means that it doesn’t follow the traditional table structure.
4. It’s a transactional database. This means that it can handle transactions. A transaction is an action that needs to be performed as a group.
5. It’s an ACID compliant database. This means that it has all the features that make it reliable, such as atomicity, consistency, isolation, and durability.
6. It’s a high availability database. This means that if it goes down, you can still access the data.
7. It has been in production since the early 1980s. This means that it has a long history.
8. It’s very secure. This means that it’s not easily hacked.
9. It’s been used in many different applications. This means that it’s a versatile DBMS.
10. It has a large community of developers. This means that there are many people who use it to create new applications.
Who Uses Oracle?
There are a lot of people who sell products through the internet. However, most of them focus on e-commerce. That means that they buy their goods directly from manufacturers.
This isn’t true with Oracle. Instead, it gives you the opportunity to work on your own terms. You get to choose where you want to be based. And you also decide whether you’d like to do wholesale or retail.